Deaf LGBTIQA+ UK are looking for volunteers to contribute to making lives better for Deaf LGBTIQA+ people in the community.
We have a small committee and we always want to work with a wide range of informal members, whom we call Volunteers and/or Ambassadors, to do specific tasks/roles. These vary from website development, BSL signs re LGBTIQA+ terminology, supporting Prides to be accessible, informal mentoring and organising events including socials and webinars.
Support and Supervision
- We will assist you in any way we can, ensure you are comfortable and knowledgeable in what to do in your task/role.
- We will ensure there is clear communication so that the tasks will be done as smoothly as possible.
- You will be able to do a task or role that is matched to your skills and experience.
- It gives you good personal development.
- We are flexible in what your task/role are, so you can do it in your own time, and that you are comfortable in doing it.
- You won’t need to attend meetings as your role will be informal, while the committee will be focusing on the overall picture.
- It will look great on your CV and job applications.
- You will be contributing to the Deaf and the LGBTIQA community.
- You will be given a role/task that you need to have some skills for already.
- We will always try and identify any training opportunities for volunteers but we cannot always promise this for the time being.
- You are expected to communicate with the Chairperson for any issues/decisions/expectations.
- We will always try and reply to you within a maximum of two days.
- If you are no longer able to do the role/task, do let the us know so that we can assist or resolve any issues, without undue pressure on you, as this is voluntary and appreciated.
- No costs will be reimbursed without pre-approval; please do not spend money and expect it to be claimed back without approval first.